TX49 NAND supported?

Alice Hennessy ahennessy at mvista.com
Mon Sep 15 06:10:03 EDT 2003

David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 12:01 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > Does anybody have a working tx4925 NAND driver that can be used
> > with the latest mtd from infradead CVS?  I have located a copy
> > of tx4925ndfmc.c with 2002 timestamp by Toshiba Corporation
> > (GPLv2) but it appears to use an API incompatible with the
> > current one.
>
> At the time I changed the API, I also updated every driver which had
> been submitted to me and put in my CVS tree.
>
> If there are drivers out there from people who couldn't be bothered to
> do that, they broke.
>
> Please complain to the author of the module in question and ask them why
> they didn't let me have a copy.
>

> dwmw2

I'm in the process of updated tx4925ndfmc.c and tx4938ndfmc.c now.  I will
submit them
soon.   One problem I'm trying to work around is I have had to set and
clear  NAND_CTL_SETWP and
NAND_CTL_CLRWP around the writes.  Since this isn't already in nand.c, it
seems to be
unique to these chips.  I will investigate more to see if I really need to
do this or if I can
move this code into the mapping files.

Alice