redhat 9, doc 2000

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Thu Oct 9 21:40:37 EDT 2003

On 10/10/2003 12:33 AM, Slim wrote:
> Worked fine - thanks.  I'd like to incorporate the ctrl-key bypass
> or better yet, have it recognize the bios setting to boot from C
> instead.

AFAIK, the ctrl-bypass is the only option to make the grub on doc return
control to the bios.

>    mount /dev/nftla /mnt/doc
> and I get
>    mount: /dev/nftla: unknown device
> but
>    ls -l /dev/nftla
> gives
>    brw-r--r--   1  root     93,   0 Sep 23 10:22 /dev/nftla

/dev/nftla is the nftl device representing your doc, but not a
partition. You have to create a new partition on it. You may use fdisk
/dev/nftla to do create one. Suppose you only create one partition, you
will get /dev/nftla1, representing the first partition. Then, you should
use mke2fs /dev/nftla1 to create a ext-2 filesystem on it (assuming you
choose ext-2.

Selwyn