redhat 9, doc 2000

Slim slimaffi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 12:33:45 EDT 2003

> The GRUB's 'e' key will allow to edit the configuration file
> in-memory.
> And the 'c' key will bring to the GRUB's shell prompt.

Didn't work for me.

> When you get to the grub shell you can do something like:
>
> root (hd0)
> chainloader +1
> boot

Worked fine - thanks.  I'd like to incorporate the ctrl-key bypass
or better yet, have it recognize the bios setting to boot from C
instead.

So now I'm trying to mod the grub config on the doc, and I type:
   mount /dev/nftla /mnt/doc
and I get
   mount: /dev/nftla: unknown device
but
   ls -l /dev/nftla
gives
   brw-r--r--   1  root     93,   0 Sep 23 10:22 /dev/nftla

I double checked the bios - it's correct.  Is the doc corrupted?
What's the reformat sequence?

Thanks,
John