Garbage collection problem for nand flash

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Nov 17 05:32:14 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 18:21 +0800, Kevin Liao wrote:

> jffs2: No clean, dirty _or_ erasable blocks to GC from! Where are they all?
> jffs2: Couldn't find erase block to garbage collect!
>
> It seems that the file content is still correct. Does anyone know what's
> wrong with it? Thanks a lot.

It's a harmless complaint which can probably just be disabled. A short
while after you write to the flash, we decide to flush the write-buffer.
We prefer to do that by garbage-collection rather than just by padding
it out with zeroes.... but as the message says, there's nothing to GC
from. So we pad it instead.

--
dwmw2