UnitSizeFactor of != 1

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Sat Mar 22 19:39:03 EST 2003

On Saturday 22 March 2003 05:12 pm, Stephen Lee wrote:

> 1. Formatted the DOC with "dformat /win:D000 /s:doc524.exb". There were
> no apparent errors.
> 2. Rebooted under Redhat7.1 with a stock 2.4.20 kernel with the
> following kernel config settings:

<snip>

> NFTL driver: nftlcore.c $Revision: 1.85 $, nftlmount.c $Revision: 1.25 $
> NFTL_notify_add for DiskOnChip 2000
> NFTL_setup
> Sorry, we don't support UnitSizeFactor of != 1 yet.

<snip>

> My question is whether "dformat /win:D000 /s:doc524.exb" should have
> been sufficient to get DOC recognized correctly by the kernel or do I
> have to run ntfl_format? If ntfl_format is required, can I simply fdisk
> and format as a fat12 partition under linux?

Stephen,

With the 2.40.20 kernel, nftl_format is not required if you use the earlier
version of the DiskOnChip DFORMAT utility (version 4.2).  This is still
available at m-sys.com.

By default, dformat creates a fat12 partition that should be recognized under
Linux.

Either way, if the nftl device is recognized, you should be able to run fdisk
and format as fat12, ext2, etc.

Mark