2.4.19 rmk4 Jffs2 Performance problems, Upgrade diffulculty.

RobertS RobertS at visi.com
Tue Mar 11 17:00:20 EST 2003

Thomas Gleixner wrote:

>On Tuesday 11 March 2003 13:31, RobertS wrote:
>

>>    Please provide the name and location of the MTD snap shot so I use
>>the correct one.  The  mtd snapshot that I used originally was
>>mtd-snapshot-20030305.tar.gz.  I had numerous problems with this snap
>>shot and 2.4.19. Unfortunately, there was a lot of "pilot" error when I
>>started this upgrade effort. Let me know and I will proceed carefully
>>and capture the results.
>>

>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.infradead.org:/home/cvs login (password: anoncvs)
>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.infradead.org:/home/cvs co mtd
>

>>    The  performance of approximately 4 minutes to copy a 1 meg file was
>>with an almost "pristine" 2.4.19 rmk4 kernel. Does this meet
>>expectations for that iteration of jffs2?
>>

>I'va never seen such long times

The update and build went smoothly. Unfortunately,  I still oops in
exactly the same manner.

What I am doing now is turning on the verbose debug messages and keep
everything as simple as possible.  I will be performing a series of
tests and will use this thread either to post my findings or further
questions.

RobertS.