Please help, nftl question

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 18 07:59:31 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 12:55, Luca Contini wrote:
> Thank you David.
> One more question: I want to put a vfat filesystem on top of nftl (actually
> i'd like to read from a smartmedia formatted with fat12 by a digital
> camera).

A digital camera will not be using NFTL. NFTL is only used on the
M-Systems DiskOnChip, and outside the Free World patents enforce that
restriction.

You want the SmartMedia translation layer, which isn't yet implemented
and merged, although I do believe I recall seeing code for it at one
point. It would fit into the diagram I showed you alongside mtdblock,
FTL, NFTL etc.

--
dwmw2