Please Help, problem mounting jffs2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jun 16 12:25:08 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 17:06, Frank R Callaghan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I methodically removed code from my usrland programs until I'm left with
>
> int main()
> {
>     while(1) {
>     //  sleep(1);
>     }
> }
>
> With no RTAI modules loaded, the gc thread still stalls.
> With the sleep(1) works fine !
>
> Does this mean that the gc thread has such a low priority that it never runs ?

No, it looks like your userspace prograem has such a _high_ priority
that the GC thread never runs. A subtle difference :)

> What should I do/try next ?

This is an RTAI-specific issue. I suspect your test program above has
its priority set such that when it's eating 100% CPU time in a tight
loop, nothing else gets to run. Have you asked on the RTAI mailing
lists?

--
dwmw2