Problems with using doc2001 module

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 11 05:14:07 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 10:01, roger wrote:
> ok. just for kicks. i booted into DOS using M-SYS's tffs_5.1.4_DOS_TOOLS
> and dinfo and dformat refused to find the DiskonChip even after
> specifing it's address of 0xfff00000.
>
> something isn't right here.  it's obviously something with the code.  I
> also get the same results on a duplicate 440BX motherboard.
>
> arrrghh.

The Linux DiskOnChip code doesn't do anything special to enable write
accesses to that region in your chipset. The DOS tools certainly won't.

Did you look at drivers/mtd/maps/amd76xrom.c, as I suggested? Did you
make a DOS tool to perform the same configuration, and run it before
attempting to use DFORMAT under DOS?

--
dwmw2