4 AM29LV800B's in 16-bit mode?

Thayne Harbaugh tharbaugh at lnxi.com
Mon Jun 2 19:03:26 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 14:32, carolyn.j.smith at exgate.tek.com wrote:
> My board (Wind River's SBC8240) has 4 AM29LV800B chips in 16-bit mode
> (verified that BYTE# is high using a scope) with buswidth 64 bits for a
> total of 4 MB.

Smells like there's yet another issue dealing with interleaved chips
(already worked out two and I thought all of them were fixed).

> I am using the "jedec_probe" code. With the buswidth set to 8, the chips are
> not detected at all.

wich version of jedec_probe.c, v1.26 or later?

> With the buswidth set to 4, the chips are recognized as long as I modify the
> unlock addresses to be MTD_UADDR_DONT_CARE instead of
> MTD_UADDR_0x0AAA_0x0555 and MTD_UADDR_0x0555_0x02AA but erasing the
> resulting device fails in do_erase_oneblock.
>
> Any suggestions?

I'm likely the one to blame.  Unfortunately I can't look at this until
tomorrow - sorry.  Let me know the version of jedec_probe.c you have and
also send me any relevant kernel messages with MTD_DEBUG_LEVEL set to 3.

I don't even have time to look at the data sheet right now, but wanted
to let you know that someone's listening and interested in fixing this.

--
Thayne Harbaugh
Linux Networx