4 AM29LV800B's in 16-bit mode?

carolyn.j.smith at exgate.tek.com carolyn.j.smith at exgate.tek.com
Mon Jun 2 16:32:44 EDT 2003

My board (Wind River's SBC8240) has 4 AM29LV800B chips in 16-bit mode
(verified that BYTE# is high using a scope) with buswidth 64 bits for a
total of 4 MB.

I am using the "jedec_probe" code. With the buswidth set to 8, the chips are
not detected at all.

With the buswidth set to 4, the chips are recognized as long as I modify the
unlock addresses to be MTD_UADDR_DONT_CARE instead of
MTD_UADDR_0x0AAA_0x0555 and MTD_UADDR_0x0555_0x02AA but erasing the
resulting device fails in do_erase_oneblock.

Any suggestions?

Carolyn