kernel oops due to aligment error in cmdlinepart.c

George G. Davis gdavis at mvista.com
Thu Jul 31 20:02:52 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I've been using the latest MTD CVS (+/- a few days) on an ARM Integrator/CM920T
running linux-2.4.20'ish and have found that cmdlinepart.c has a struct alignment
problem which causes a kernel oops. The attached patch fixes the alignment problem
for me (YMMV : ). I've successfully tested this on an ARM Integrator/CM920T, ADS
Graphics Client Plus and TI Innovator/OMAP1510, FWIW. : )

--
Regards,
George