help installing MTD

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jul 15 05:21:49 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 10:18, Mike G. wrote:
> I have try to use the new kernel 2.4.20 .. Somehow it doesn't work on
> the custom board. So i m back to the ancient kernel.

Find out why. Fix it. Seriously. Using 2.4.4 is likely to cause you more
trouble in the long term.

> I did used the patch now the compling complaint the exactly as you said
> "kernel too old" *sigh*
> >
> > If you really do stay with 2.4.4 you'll probably need some surgery on
> > linux/mtd/compatmac.h to make it support kernels that ancient again.
> ok ok  if i were to do surgery, wat changes i hav to do.

If you really must do this, then start by taking an older copy of
compatmac.h from CVS, from before I removed all the support for ancient
kernels. Drop that in place of the current one and then fix up the stuff
that still breaks.

--
dwmw2