nand flash driver -> ALE etc

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Thu Jul 10 18:12:07 EDT 2003

On Friday 11 July 2003 02:20, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 14:05, jasmine at regolith.co.uk wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Charles Manning wrote:
> > > I think most people connect CLE and ALE to GPIO pins, but some
> > > application notes describe driving these via the address bus. you
> > > should then be able to drive the lines the way you want by accessing
> > > the corresponding addresses.
>
> Hmmm. When sending multiple bytes of address, isn't ALE supposed to
> remain high for the entire duration, without going low again between
> cycles? How do you achieve this if it's on the address bus?

I always thought so too, but someone brought to my attention a discussion
about using address lines in a Toshiba doc.

The timing diagrams in the Toshiba datasheet I have open right now
(TC58128AFT) state  that ALE and friends are don't care except during the
actual read/write cycles.

I looked at a Samsung datasheet and saw the same thing.

-- Charles