DiskOnChip 2000 read only file system

Brian Peterson purdue1996 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 29 18:00:01 EST 2003

I am running a read only file system with a 64M Disk On Chip 2000 and want
to know if anyone else has seen the problem I am having.

My system is a PC104 with a 64M DiskOnChip running linux kernel version
2.4.20.
I have two partitions mounted: root is Read only and the other is
Read/Write.

During some testing of power loss scenarios, I lose the ability to use the
device. The kernel boots and after it cleans up from the unclean unmount, I
receive kernel messages indicating
"Argh! No free blocks found!..."

What level of confidence is there that the read only partition would be
protected from this problem. In other words, can the data located in the
Read only partition be trusted?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Brian Peterson