16 NANDS

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Jan 6 16:15:29 EST 2003

By this I expect you mean the NAND chips with a 16-bit wide interface.

There are really two sub-issues:
* Hook-up to the chips themselves (ie. doing x16 instead of x8 trasfers).
* The 16-bit wide chips have larger pages and blocks (2kB pages, 128kB
blocks) than the previous generation stuff. This needs to be handled too at
both the mtd and file system level. I believe (but don't quote me) that JFFS2
will work as it is now. YAFFS is currently undergoing extensions/mods to
support the larger pages/blocks.

-- Charles