JFFS2 & 2.5.59 & FS_REQUIRES_DEV

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Feb 7 07:27:29 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 12:19, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> While the root= argument is not passed to root filesystems, rootfsflags=
> are. So I think you should be able to use something like
>
> devfs=mount root=/dev/root rootfsflags=[mtddevspec]... rootfs=jffs2
>
> then have the filesystem fix up /dev/root.
>
> This is used successfully in UML to mount a non-block root filesystem
> (hostfs).

Shan't :)

The flags are not for passing the device to be mounted. But thanks for
pointing out another case where this is needed. I won't be implementing
a hack like that -- just like I won't be implementing hole-punching in
JFFS2 until we have a _sane_ way of doing it -- I refuse to use an
ioctl() like XFS does :)

--
dwmw2