JFFS2 & 2.5.59 & FS_REQUIRES_DEV

Henrik Nordstrom hno at marasystems.com
Fri Feb 7 07:19:56 EST 2003

While the root= argument is not passed to root filesystems, rootfsflags=
are. So I think you should be able to use something like

devfs=mount root=/dev/root rootfsflags=[mtddevspec]... rootfs=jffs2

then have the filesystem fix up /dev/root.

This is used successfully in UML to mount a non-block root filesystem
(hostfs).

Regards
Henrik

--