latest MTD snapshot

J.D. Bakker bakker at thorgal.et.tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 29 09:47:01 EDT 2003

At 15:28 +0200 29-08-2003, Luca Contini wrote:
>Hi,
>I've downloaded the latest snapshot from the CVS:
>mtd-snapshot-20030828.tar.bz2
>Since I need only the mtdblock device working I've just copied the snapshot
>/drivers/mtd content to my /linux/drivers/mtd directory, and the blktrans.h
>to /include/linux/mtd/.
>When I try to compile (using arm-linux-gcc) mtdblock.c I get this warning:
>"mtdblock.c:251: warning: implicit declaration of function `unlikely'"
>and when I try to insert the mtdblock.o module I get:
>
>[arm at Botolo2 mtd]$insmod mtdblock.o
>mtdblock.o: unresolved symbol unlikely
>mtdblock.o: unresolved symbol register_mtd_blktrans
>mtdblock.o: unresolved symbol add_mtd_blktrans_dev
>mtdblock.o: unresolved symbol deregister_mtd_blktrans
>mtdblock.o: unresolved symbol del_mtd_blktrans_dev
>[arm at Botolo2 mtd]$
>
>What Am I missing?

1) Which kernel version ?
2) Which compiler version (arm-linux-gcc -v) ?
3) Any particular reason why you don't use the patchin.sh script ? I
know, you 'only' need mtdblock, but partial installs tend to create
no end of trouble.

HTH,

JDB.
--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/