Problems with DOC 2000 on 2.4.21

Roger rogerxxmaillist at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 5 10:32:14 EDT 2003

On both of my 440BX boards, Intel incorporated a shadow feature which
shadows the mtd devices (bios chip/DIP socket) from the normal mtd
drivers/modules.

I have to utilize the openbios/devbios module/code to unshadow the 440BX
DIP socket.

There are many other chipsets supported for unshadowing in that code.  I
believe the code only needs to be implemented into mtd somehow.

But basically, I get nothing found in dmesg when loading the DOC modules
and nothing showing in /proc/mtd* -- but mtdchar does show some info in
the /proc/mtd* files.

After unshadowing the 440BX DIP socket (using openbios/devbios -- i
hacked module to leave the DIP socket unshadowed after unloading;-), and
then loading the mtd/doc modules,  I get 'found DOC ...' in dmesg and I
get good info in the /proc/mtd* files.

--

Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html