DiskOnChip 2000 and CVS Drivers

Philippe philippe at accuitee.com
Fri Aug 1 12:02:28 EDT 2003

Hi,

> I merged some of that code already; all that remains is the fake
> partitioning, and that should be fairly easy to patch in by hand if
you

I checked it today, as you told me I merged the FAKE_PART_CODE.
Everything seems OK (no compilation troubles etc...)

I'll test it next week. If Everything works as expected, i'll send a
diff against [kernel 2.4.20 + cvs / mtd patch]

> want it -- what did you try and in what way did you fail? That's your
> best option for the moment -- use nftl_format with an NFTL size as you
> desire, and hack the doc2000.c code to register a second partition on
> which you use JFFS2.

Well I had troubles using NFTL, let me explain :

I made two partition :
 - 1 - Boot : grub stuff + kernel + initrd + software
 - 2 - Conf/Save : every file wich may be used by my application

Everything was fine except two things :

a) when I turned off the machine -- when I launch the shutdown (via the
app), I do "sync", "umount" and then shutdown -h now -- Nothing was
saved on the DOC (I do not understand because when I use the same kernel
/ stuff on  my hard drive or on a CF/ide, everything is allright)

b) the sync process is very long (about 30sec)

> Not really. I've been mounting JFFS2 on it -- it doesn't handle
multiple
> NAND devices in a single DiskOnChip yet, and doesn't do hardware ECC
--
> I've been using it with software ECC instead for now. You're unlikely
> get NFTL working with it for a while.

Well, I don't mind about NFTL (for the boot partition) because my bootfs
should be read-only (kernel + initrd + tar.bz2)
I just want a Read only partition (bootfs) and a read/write partition
for all the conf files / data

Thank you for your help

See you

Philippe