Which version of M-SYS DFORMAT?

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Wed Apr 30 21:29:28 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 08:33 pm, Stephen Lee wrote:
> Replying to my own message. The answer is that "dformat /win:d800
> /BDKF0:grub_firware" only works with v5.14. The next question is did I
> screwup the mtd patch? It doesn't appear to be as all kinds of
> MTD-related kernel config settings appeared after patching. I should
> also mention that Grub was installed correctly onto the DOC2000 as it
> booted up to the Grub prompt as expected. The only thing I can't do is
> mount /dev/nftla1 to install the kernel and menu.lst. Suggestions?

Stephen,

I apologize if the instructions aren't clear - if you use version 5.x of
DFORMAT, you'll have to use your patched kernel twice.  In order to mount
/dev/nftla1 and copy the bzImage to the DiskOnChip, you would need to boot
from a hard drive using the patched kernel, or insmod the appropriately
patched modules.

Once you are able to copy the kernel to /dev/nftla1, the patched kernel will
also be necessary to boot directly from the DiskOnChip.

Mark