Which version of M-SYS DFORMAT?

Stephen Lee splee at plexio.com
Wed Apr 30 20:33:48 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 16:39, Stephen Lee wrote:
> I'm following the instructions at
> http://lakeshoremicro.com/diskonchip-grub-howto.html
> on installing Grub on to a DOC2000 chip. With M-Sys' v5.14 DFORMAT, I
> get the "Sorry, we don't support UnitSizeFactor of != 1 yet." message
> during bootup. The kernel (2.4.20) was patched with
> mtd-snapshot-20030423.tar.bz2. According to the instructions, patching
> with the latest mtd patches should take care of the problem. This leads
> me to wonder if I should have used the V4.2 DFORMAT instead?

Replying to my own message. The answer is that "dformat /win:d800
/BDKF0:grub_firware" only works with v5.14. The next question is did I
screwup the mtd patch? It doesn't appear to be as all kinds of
MTD-related kernel config settings appeared after patching. I should
also mention that Grub was installed correctly onto the DOC2000 as it
booted up to the Grub prompt as expected. The only thing I can't do is
mount /dev/nftla1 to install the kernel and menu.lst. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Stephen