Inode corrupted after CVS update

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Apr 8 04:43:04 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 09:33, Steven Scholz wrote:
> So how stable is the MTD/JFFS2 code anyway?
> Is the CVS the only place for me to get the source?
> Or are there some offical, release patches?

The jffs2-2_4-branch from CVS, which is in Marcelo's latest 2.4.21-pre,
is the one that's _really_ intended to be stable -- but that's because
we don't make any exciting changes there at all.

The CVS HEAD is normally _fairly_ stable, and when I have time I push it
into the handhelds.org tree so that I inflict it on an army of
iPAQ-using victims^Wtesters. The error in the previous version didn't
show up because I didn't test with device nodes -- we use devfs on the
iPAQ.

If you want to track -HEAD it's worth keeping an eye on the IRC channel
-- if Thomas and I are spending the day discussing how best to fix
stuff, and there's a lot of swearing and debugging going on, then it's
probably not a good time to update :)

--
dwmw2