DOC 2000 and GRUB

Henrik Nordstrom hno at marasystems.com
Fri Sep 6 08:27:15 EDT 2002

Mark Meade wrote:

> After slightly modifying the Grub stage 2 code (bdev_diskonchip.c), I was
> able to get Grub to boot from a freshly 5.x dformatted DoC.
>
> This is the old "UnitSizeFactor" issue - this Millennium says the
> UnitSizeFactor is 0x00, which is assumed to mean the same thing as 0xFF.
>
> I haven't tried any DoC 2000's that have a UnitSizeFactor that is not 0 or
> FF, but it looks like this should work as well, with the appropriate
> changes to bdev_diskonchip.c.

I tried to patch my GRUB to read 0x00 as 0xFF some days ago, but it failed
miserably.. but I only changed the ifs around the message. Maybe there is
other things that need to be changed?

(Un)fortunately I do not have a DoC system at the moment (had to deliver all
we had to customers) so further testing will have to wait some time until we
have more systems available.

Regards
Henrik