No more DoC hotplug on Grub fail [tested & working]

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Wed Sep 4 10:58:38 EDT 2002

Karim,

I tested your Grub patch on a DoC Millennium, it works fine.  I used the 0.92
patch, but I had to reduce the length of some of the text messages to make
everything fit.  This may have been the gas 2.9.5 problem you described
earlier.

This patch, while potentially useful during debugging, takes up precious
space that may be needed later (to add support for new flash devices, etc).
Also, once Grub is booting correctly from the DoC, I would think this feature
would not be needed.

For what it's worth, I'd recommend that this patch be made available in the
patches directory of the CVS tree, rather than making it part of the official
GRUB code.

I'm willing to revise my GRUB/DoC HOWTO to include instructions on the use of
this patch, for those who are concerned about this issue.

Mark