GPL ,LGPL ,and our application

lixi_avansys lixi at avansys.com
Tue Sep 3 05:26:32 EDT 2002

hello,

    we want to make a product using Coldfire5272 with uclinux, but we meet a license problem.

    according to GPL/LGPL we need to open our application source code if the application program are static linked with uc-libc.

    I want to know how to avoid to open application source code , otherwise the others can clone our product without any problem . Some other company using uclinux in their product may face same problem before so I want to know how them handle this?

                                                thanks a lot!

                                                    windstone