Q on MTD support for NOR flash

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Sun Nov 10 03:20:17 EST 2002

On Sat, 9 November 2002 23:49:20 -0800, Kevin Kaichuan He wrote:

> One Further question is : how do I configure MTD driver to support
> my NOR flash ? For example, the AMD29LV800 flash has two width: 8bits
> or 16bits, how do I let the driver know which width of word I choose ?
> Or can the MTD magically figure out the configuration of my NOR
> flash ?

You need something like this:
CONFIG_MTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS=y
CONFIG_MTD_CHAR=y
CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI=y
CONFIG_MTD_GEN_PROBE=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_AMDSTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP=y
CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP...=...

Details might vary, have fun figuring those out. Buswidth must be set
for physmap.

Jörn

--
Good warriors cause others to come to them and do not go to others.
-- Sun Tzu