seeking help on JFFS2

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Tue Nov 5 16:08:33 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 November 2002 14:56:56 -0500, Junping Zhang wrote:

>    I just tested 2.4.19 with shared-zlib patch, same behavior. I could use
> the JFFS2 system,
> but it will eventually crash after a while.
>
>    The flash chip is original from Motorola: 8M, 80 pin SIMM, SM73228. I
> used Christian's
> map file. Since JFFS works on it without any problem, should I safely assume
> the MTD layer
> is correct?

Ok, glancing at the spec, it said something about being compatible to
Am29F040 chips, which use the amd command set. And looking back at the
trace, we see
    Trace; c00df668 <cfi_intelext_read+b4/100>
                         ^^^^^
This is strange.

Have you configured only CONFIG_MTD_CFI_AMDSTD, only
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_INTELEXT or both?

Jörn

--
The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of
his own skull; therefore he approaches the programming task in full