how to make a root file system on doc?

g_friend at etang.com g_friend at etang.com
Sat May 25 21:24:54 EDT 2002

I have build doc support in my new kernel . then I wantto make a root system on doc.
I make a mini system with the tools "build" from m-sys driver package.
then I modified the /etc/lilo.conf:
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
default=linux
image=/boot/vmlinux-2.4.2-2
     label=linux
      read-only
      root=/dev/hda5
image=/boot/bzImage-doc
     label=doc
      read-only
      root=/dev/hda5
image=/boot/bzImage-doc
     label=bootfromdoc
      read-only
      root=/dev/nftla1
I  have test it .If I select "doc" label ,every is ok.I can find /dev/nftla1 ,can write /read it.
but If I select "bootfromdoc" , I get some trouble.
afer loading kernel , the initialization of kernel seems fine. but when it enter the initab part, It cannot pass e2fsck, then immediately reboot . Because I dont know how I can get the output of boot information in this situation ( normally after boot, I use dmesg)
so , after many times'reboot  ,I gather only a litte information: bad magic number in superblock when trying to open /dev/nftla
how can I get over this problem ?
or how you guys make your fine root file system?

ÂòÐéÄâÖ÷»úË͹ú¼ÊÓòÃû¼°ÓÊÏä
http://www.999k.net
http://bag.etang.com/payment_1.htm
ÒÚÌƶÌÐÅ£¬ÄúÌùÉíµÄʱÉйËÎÊ