Why cannot boot off my doc 2000 ?

cytang cytang_cn at yahoo.com.cn
Fri May 24 11:39:26 EDT 2002

I have make a new kernel which can support doc . and I
have make a mini system on my doc like the following
/doc/{bin,etc,sbin,lib,dev,proc,var,usr,mnt}, and
copied files I needed in respective directories

I mount the /dev/nftla1 on /doc .
my /doc/etc/lilo.conf is :

boot=/dev/nftla
install=/boot/boot.b-mtd
map=/boot/map-doc
disk=/dev/nftla
bios=0x80
prompt
delay = 50
timeout = 50
image = /boot/bzImage-doc
label = linuxondoc
root = /dev/nftla1
read-only

run:  lilo-mtd  -v -C /doc/etc/lilo.conf -r /doc

Patched LILO for M-Systems' DiskOnChip 2000
LILO version 21, Copyright 1992-1998 Werner
Almesberger

Ignoring entry 'install'
Ignoring entry 'map'
Reading boot sector from /dev/nftla
Merging with /boot/boot.b-mtd
              ~~~~
Boot image: /boot/bzImage-doc
             ~~~~
Added linuxondoc *
/boot/boot.5D00 exists - no backup copy made.
~~~~~
Writing boot sector.

It seemed ok .but above why not /doc/boot?

If i remove my harddisk , I still cannot boot from my
doc . just get  "boot failure " .
why ?  Is something I did wrong ?  or I miss something
?