how to make a bootable linux on doc

cytang cytang_cn at yahoo.com.cn
Thu May 23 09:50:42 EDT 2002

Thanks to all replies .
These days I have read some materials about how to
make a bootable system on a floppy. According to them
,I must do like the following:
make a kernel --> make a mini file system->compress
the file system -> try to converge them
but after many efforts ,I can not manage it
successfully .
I dont konw whether their method on a floppy can be
applied to my doc .
So, Could you do me a favor to give me some help or
materials about how you manage to make such a
filesystem ?

>Marius is correct - both LILO and patched GRUB can
>make the DOC Millennium bootable.  8MB is more than
enough space for a small system.