Kernel oops after sync command in jffs2

Ales Makarov ales.makarov at wolfhill.cz
Wed May 22 06:51:11 EDT 2002

I have also reported our oops messages few day ago. I traced down the
functions and I got from JFFS2 to MTD. The problem is somewhere in
cfi_amdstd_write(). The problem appears only if there are 2 consecutive
writes (immediately one after another).

This happens regulary when GC tries to reclaim some space. The kernel
dies when GC calls mtd_fake_writev()...

Now I tried the latest version of cfi_cmdset_0002.c (v1.55). The kernel
oops messages are gone, but now I get:

Last[2] is ffff, datum is 1985
Write of 50 bytes at 0x00052438 failed. returned 0, retlen 0
Not marking the space at 0x00052438 as dirty because the flash driver
returned retlen zero
jffs2_write_dirent in garbage_collect_dirent failed: -5

Ales