FAT for NAND Flash

Studying MTD studying_mtd at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 12:19:20 EDT 2002

To use FAT filesystem for NAND flash i need :-

A. FAT: filesystem driver
B. Translation: translation layer on the NAND flash to
make it emulate a normal hard drive
C. MTD: Memory Technology Devices driver (MTD Block)
D. NAND: generic NAND driver
E. Hardware specific driver (Plus NFTL)

am i right ? Please correct me as i am still learning
MTD's model.

yes, i can understand that NAND Flash Translation
Layer(NFTL) and Translation layer for FAT are in
different layers.

but is it possible to make FAT filesystem for NAND
flash like this :-

A. FAT: filesystem driver
B. Translation: translation layer on the NAND flash to
make it emulate a normal hard drive (with NFTL)
C. MTD: Memory Technology Devices driver (MTD Char)
D. NAND: generic NAND driver
E. Hardware specific driver (without NFTL)

Thank you for your help.