patches to 2.4.18

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 3 12:52:47 EDT 2002

jim at musenki.com said:
>  Also, I (like so many others lately), had to comment out the call to
> invalidate_device() in mtdblock.c::mtdblock_release() in order to get
> my root filesystem (jffs2 on mtdblock on Intel Strataflash) to mount.

> I note that the call is still there in the CVS vsion:

Eep. That was removed from CVS long ago, but was added back again. I've now
removed it again.

>  and we are getting crashes on halt/reboot if we've modified the
> filesystem.

More details please.

>  Similar questions about jffs2 have been asked:
> 	http://mhonarc.axis.se/jffs-dev/msg01297.html
> With no apparent answer.
> anyone with clue to offer?

For the MTD drivers, the code in 2.4.19-pre is probably the best option
unless you need the new features I held back for 2.4.20-pre. For JFFS2, you
should be using the code from the jffs2-2_4-branch in CVS. I _think_ that's
all been sent to Marcelo for 2.4.19 though.

--
dwmw2