probing two non-contiguous cfi flash and a single partition

Sanjay Kumar sankumar73 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 30 09:48:20 EST 2002

Hi Robert,
I read the mtd concatnate stuffs which seems to be made for concatnating
different indedpendent CFI/no-cfi mtd devices. So basically in example
file of sc520cdp.c, there are three probes for the three devices and then
concatnating the two flash devices in one.

But my problem seems to be somewhat different. See the follwoing diagrams -

 _________
|         |<--   First flash starts at 0xbf800000
|4MB      |
|         |
|         |
|         |
|_________|
 _________
|_________|     out of which first 640KB is needed
|         |     for boot loader.
|         |
| 3360K   |
|_________|

So there will be two probes for the two flashes. But now I want
to keep the 640KB(for bootloader) of the second flash to be
in first partition and the first flash and remaining portion of the second flash to
be in second partition to be used for JFFS2 mounting.

May be I am not able to fully understand how to use the concept of
concatnating the mtd devices for my case.
I am still trying to solve my problem but I would happy to get your
suggestions on this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay