probing two non-contiguous cfi flash and a single partition

Robert Kaiser rob at sysgo.de
Wed Mar 27 09:06:44 EST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 27. März 2002 10:57 schrieben Sie:
> Hi David,
> I need to use two flash chips(Both AMD CFI flash and each of 4MB size)
> with the following mapping configuration -
>
> 1. starts at 0xbfa00000 and is of size 4MB
> 2. starts at 0xbfc00000 and is of 4MB size
>
> Previously I was having only one flash starting at 0xbfc00000
> with two partition, first 640k for bootloader and the rest for JFFS2
> and is working fine for me.
>
> Now still I want to have only two partition; the 640k at the address
> 0xbfc00000 for bootloader in first partition and remaining for JFFS2 in
> second partition. It means I need the following partition
> memory mapping -
> 4MB starting at 0xbfa00000 for JFFS2 -  second partition
> fisrt 640kB at 0xbfc00000 for bootloader - First Partition for bootlaoder
> remaining out of 4MB at 0xbfc00000 for JFFS2 - second partition
>
> So I need suggestions about how to probe the two flash and make the
> partition as per my requirements.
> I am using linux2.4.2. and MIPS processor.

Have a look at the mtd concat stuff. It allows you to concatenate multiple
chips into a single MTD device, which can then be arbitrarily partitioned.
Look at the sc520cdp.c map driver for an example.

Rob

Robert Kaiser                         email: rkaiser at sysgo.de
SYSGO RTS GmbH
Am Pfaffenstein 14                    phone: (49) 6136 9948-762
D-55270 Klein-Winternheim / Germany   fax:   (49) 6136 9948-10