How to protect DoC 2000 from power fail?

Wil Taphoorn wil at wtms.nl
Mon Mar 18 07:10:45 EST 2002

Gentlemen,

I am looking for some rigid means of power fail protection
for a DoC 2000 based embedded system. From what I have read
so far I understand that almost any brand of journalling file
system should do well but, then again, those readings also
mention raw FLASH and not DoC, in other words, I think I am
lost. Would someone be so kind to enlighten me?

The system in question runs on a customized 486 SoC, boots
from EEPROM and loads LILO from DoC. The kernel uses initrd
to load the M-sys supplied DoC driver.

Thanks,
Wil