(no subject)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 18 03:38:01 EST 2002

zeusj at firstlinux.net said:
> since I am not familiar to the intel strata flash 28f128,  I thought
> you have a set_vpp() method for it and it can be transmitted to me for
> my file. I think I misunderstood what you mean :) but... I check all
> the doc I can find but they are all about the hardware:(so many
> pins...) ,do u have a set_vpp() method for 28f128? If it does, can u
> show me?

Vpp is the programming voltage pin of the flash chip. You have to put a
high voltage on this pin to allow programming - otherwise the chip will be
in read only mode. Newer chips don't need such high voltages any more, but
still have a Vpen (program enable) line which has much the same effect.

If the Vpen line to your flash chips isn't just hardwired to be on, then
it'll be controlled by a GPIO pin somewhere. That would be board-specific.

--
dwmw2