[patch] dilnetpc.c broken?

Robert Kaiser rob at sysgo.de
Tue Mar 12 10:03:50 EST 2002

Am Dienstag, 12. März 2002 15:53 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, 12 March 2002 14:22:56 +0100, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> > > The DIL/Net PC mapping driver appears to be broken. At least, it
> > > didn't compile properly on my machine. After a quick look at the code,
> > > the following appears to be the correct fix for the problem.
> >
> > It had a stray #endif that I have just removed in CVS. Other than that it
> > compiles fine for me. What exactly went wrong when you tried to compile
> > it ?
>
> MTDPART_OFS_NXTBLK was unknown. A quick grep over
> /usr/src/linux/include didn't show it #defined anywhere. I replaced it
> with MTDPART_OFS_APPEND, which appeared to be the intended offset.

Hmm, then you must have a different version of partitions.h in
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/mtd. Mine is from the MTD CVS
(cvs up'ed this morning, but the #defines have been there
for a long time, AFAIK):

rob at rob:~/mtd/include/linux/mtd> grep MTDPART_OFS_ partitions.h
 *      defined as MTDPART_OFS_APPEND, the partition will start where the
 *      previous one ended; if MTDPART_OFS_NXTBLK, at the next erase block.
 * erasesize aligned (e.g. use MTDPART_OFS_NEXTBLK).
#define MTDPART_OFS_NXTBLK      (-2)
#define MTDPART_OFS_APPEND      (-1)

Rob

Robert Kaiser                         email: rkaiser at sysgo.de
SYSGO RTS GmbH
Am Pfaffenstein 14                    phone: (49) 6136 9948-762
D-55270 Klein-Winternheim / Germany   fax:   (49) 6136 9948-10