How to Clean bad Grubfirmware off DOC?

g_friend at etang.com g_friend at etang.com
Thu Jun 27 10:36:34 EDT 2002

>Since you cannot boot with the doc2000 installed, I'd recommend trying the
>following, **very carefully**:
>  1. Turn off system
>  2. Remove DoC from board (I assume it's an ISA/PCI board with DoC socketed?)
>  3. Install *empty* DoC board
>  4. Boot into DOS
>  5. Install latest M-Sys DOS utilities (if not already done)
>  6. *** CAREFULLY *** install DoC into socket
>  7. Run DFORMAT utility to replace grub firmware
>*Disclaimer:  This procedure has worked for me, but it could do *bad things*
>to your DoC.  Use it only as a last resort.

By saying above ,do you mean "hot plug" ?

>If your machine supports "Network" boot, you may want to try configuring GRUB
>with the "--enable-diskonchip-biosnetboot" option.  This will allow you to
>selectively boot from the DoC, returning to booting from a hard drive or
>floppy when needed.
Sorry I am not familiar with GRUB .I just do something after the readme .
So, I cannot understand what's the meanig completely .
Do you mean that I can install a grub on my harddisk with "network " option ,then install DOC ,then I can boot from harddisk with DOC in my board ?

ÂòÐéÄâÖ÷»úË͹ú¼ÊÓòÃû¼°ÓÊÏä
http://www.999k.net
http://bag.etang.com/payment_1.htm
ÒÚÌƶÌÐÅ£¬ÄúÌùÉíµÄʱÉйËÎÊ