jffs2_scan_eraseblock() - errors

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jul 30 19:42:14 EDT 2002

Allen.Curtis at Thales-IFS.com said:
>  Questions then: 1. Does this node get reclaimed? I get this same
> message now with each reboot.

It'll get erased when that block gets garbage-collected.

> 2. It appears that the mount operation gets slower once this error
> condition occurs. Is this possible/expected?

Definitely not expected. I can't really see how it's possible. I'd say it's
probably a coincidence.

> 3. If the file-system becomes corrupted, what is the failure condition
> and how do you correct it? Test for it?

JFFS2 is purely log-structured. There are few ways in which the file system
as a whole can be declared to be 'corrupted'. The only real case I can
think of is when a directory with children appears to have no links from
the root inode, which is obviously a bug. In that case, we just delete the
offending directory and all its children. I suppose we should really
re-link it to /lost+found instead :)

--
dwmw2