jffs2_scan_eraseblock() - errors

Curtis, Allen Allen.Curtis at Thales-IFS.com
Tue Jul 30 19:30:41 EDT 2002

> > jffs2_scan_eraseblock() - Node at 0xXXXXXX {0x1985, 0xe002,
> > 0x1985c002) has invalid CRC)
>

> It's harmless. We were in the middle of writing that node when we lost
> power, and hadn't finished writing the payload -- hence the CRC fails.
> That's sort of what the CRC is there for.

Questions then:
1. Does this node get reclaimed? I get this same message now with each
reboot.

2. It appears that the mount operation gets slower once this error condition
occurs. Is this possible/expected?

3. If the file-system becomes corrupted, what is the failure condition and
how do you correct it? Test for it?