Compiling Grub for DOC2000

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Mon Jul 29 12:24:47 EDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Frank Oltmanns wrote:

> 1) With grub on my DoC, I can't boot from diskette anymore (I want to use
> Etherboot)

This can probably be solved by changing this line in stage2/stage2.c

                    is_opened = find_config(0x80);

                    is_opened = find_config(0);

>       nftl_format /dev/mtd0 90112  (since my firmware is 89792 bytes)

You may need to specify a multiple of 16 KiB as a start of NFTL layer in
case your erase block size is 16 KiB.  Make sure the /dev/nftl* drivers
weren't activated or were unloaded when running nftl_format.

>       fdisk /dev/nftla  (created 1 partition)

I believe it is required to reload the MTD NFTL driver between nftl_format
and any subsequent actions against /dev/nftl*.  Since my kernel has MTD
NFTL driver compiled in, I need to reboot.

Check out

    http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2002-June/005240.html

for detailed instructions.

Ilguiz