Compiling Grub for DOC2000

Frank Oltmanns frank.oltmanns.ml at gmx.de
Mon Jul 29 11:28:31 EDT 2002

> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Mark Meade wrote:
>
> > I've had good luck patching GRUB 0.92 with the 2002-05-30 patch at:
>
> It's the autoconf/automake change.  These now require CCAS and CCASFLAGS
> variables instead of AS and ASFLAGS.  The June 2002 MTD patch at the
> savannah link you've mentioned will change those in Makefile.am's as
> needed.  I advise to apply the patch against the post July 2, 2002 version
> of GRUB if you need serial port console at boot time.
>
> Ilguiz

Thank you all... It's working fine now. But I got some new problems.
1) With grub on my DoC, I can't boot from diskette anymore (I want to use
Etherboot)
2) My root-filesystem on DoC is not being mounted. I did the following:
      doc_loadbios grub_firmware
      nftl_format /dev/mtd0 90112  (since my firmware is 89792 bytes)
      fdisk /dev/nftla  (created 1 partition)
      mke2fs /dev/nftla1
   copied the files from my root-diskette to nftla1
   When I reboot, grub starts so I can enter:
      kernel (dc0,0)/boot/bzImage root=/dev/nftla1
      boot
   The kernel is being loaded and uncompressed. My DiskOnChip (and its
partition)
   is found, but when it should say: "INIT: version x.xx booting" there is
nothing.
   If I enter:
      kernel (dc0,0)/boot/bzImage root=/dev/fd0
      boot
   everything works fine...

I browsed through the Mailing-list, but I can't find anyone, who had the
same
problem. I hope someone can help!?

TIA
  Frank