MTD/DOC2000 question

Conrad Steenberg conrad at hep.caltech.edu
Wed Jul 24 01:26:09 EDT 2002

Hi

I'm trying to create a filesystem on a 72M DOC2000 (Netier XL1000), and
get up to creating a partition (/dev/nftla1). This is with Bering-rc3.

When I try mke2fs /dev/nftla1, the following gets reported:

NFTL_writeblock(): Cannot find block to write to
end_request; I/O error, dev 5d:01 (unknown) sector XXXXX
Argh! No free blocks found LastFreeEUN = 4603, FirstEUN = 3
No Virtual Unit Chains available for folding. Failing request

The device was formatted with nftl_format first.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Conrad