DiskonModule and grub

Dzuy Nguyen dzuy at infinity-studios.com
Sat Jul 20 15:10:42 EDT 2002

This may be off topic or not correct list, but since it deals with small
storage
drives and grub so I thought I'd ask.

I have a 16MB DiskOnModule from PQI which plugs right into the IDE
controller
and behaves just like an IDE disk.  I've partitioned it OK and mke2fs
and mount, etc.,
and so far it works just like an IDE drive on /dev/hdd.  However, I'm
having problem
booting from it.  I've installed grub (0.90) on /dev/hdd and it says
it's successful but
everytime I boot from it, all I've got is "GRUB Geom error".

I realize that the DOM is probably another flash device and the geometry
is not the same
as a spinning IDE drive so some grub modification may be required.  I
see that there are
some of us in this list who has done grub modification (Mark, Ilguiz,
etc.) so any tip from
you on how to get started would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Dzuy