JFFS2 Problem

Snehaprabha nsnehaprabha at tnint11.telogy.design.ti.com
Thu Jul 11 15:18:18 EDT 2002

Thanks for the response.
I am running 2.4.17 Kernel. I have a limitation on the flash size (AMD flash
2MB with 64K erase block size). I am running our own bootloader which takes
up 3 erase blocks. Then I have the linux kernel that takes around 12 erase
blocks, leaving 17 erase blocks for the JFFS2 image. I have managed to fit in
most of the required pieces for the file system, which makes it 17 blocks.
Now the question is about the spare erase block required for GC.
I am confused with the #defines in fs/jffs2/nodelist.h

I have almost got it working with following values.

#define JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_BASE 1 /*3*/
#define JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_WRITE (JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_BASE + 1/*2*/)
#define JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_DELETION (JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_BASE /*+ 1*/)
#define JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_GCTRIGGER (JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_BASE /*+ 3*/)
#define JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_GCBAD (JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_BASE + 1)
#define JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_GCMERGE (JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_BASE)

I want to know what are correct and reasonable values?

Thanks
Sneha