JFFS2 Problem

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 11 03:05:35 EDT 2002

nsnehaprabha at tnint11.telogy.design.ti.com said:
>  I copy a file, and delete it for several times;  (You can think of a
> case  where a configuration file is written again and again).

> Depending on the space I had initially, it reaches a stage, where I
> cannot   copy the file any more though 'df' shows enough available
> space for the file.

Until recently there was a bug where we wouldn't reclaim the space if you
renamed one file over another. Could it be that? If not, it's not a known
problem.

What version of the JFFS2 code are you using? Do you have a serial console?
Can you set CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1 and set the console loglevel to 9 so
that all the resulting KERN_DEBUG messages are printed, then reproduce the
problem while logging the output?

--
dwmw2