MTD partitioning for AMD flash chips

Navin Boppuri navin.boppuri at newisys.com
Fri Jan 25 15:36:37 EST 2002

Figured out what the problem was. I was using simple readb and writeb
commands instead of the __raw_readb and __raw_writeb commands used by
the physmap.c file. I see that readb and writeb use inb and outb whereas
__raw_readb stuff do pointer access to memory. I guess it has to do
something with the big-endian stuff ( I am on a PowerPC). Well, I have
the partitions working and have a file system mounted.

Will keep posting if I get into some more trouble. Thanks a lot for all
the help.

Navin.